Events

Friday, May 15, 2009

Introductions

So, by popular demand (which means I got two requests) I thought I would introduce myself. 

My name is Peter Schmugge. I am 33, married, and live out near the Silverbell Mtns. I have one daughter - 5 years old, two dogs, one rabbit, and one tortoise.

I own my own landscape maintenance company, formed it right before the housing bubble burst, and right now just happy to put food on the table and pay the bills.

Politically, I would loosely describe myself as a Libertarian. I do have problems with the Libertarian stand on abortion and drug use... So for many, many years, I have considered myself an Independant Conservative. I always voted Republican during elections, because only the Republican party protects my rights to be a closet Libertarian / IC. Also, the slide to the center / middle worried me - I did not want to be a part of a party that was headed in that direction. Recently, I realized that the Party was becoming centrist because Independent Conservatives like me weren't working within the Party to keep it conservative. So here I am, trying to be a part of the solution, rather than a part of the problem.

Hope to hear from others, and hope to learn more about the other Independent Conservatives within Pima's LD 25!!

1 comment:

  1. Schmugge,
    You are not alone. I'm a Reagan Conservative with Libertarian tendancies and I also live in Avra Valley and LD25.

    I own my own housecleaning business, but being a political activist is my passion! I want to change the Republican party from within, that's why I've applied to become a Precinct Committeeman. I would also like to hear from others and get some meetings going. Anyone else?

    ReplyDelete